domingo, 6 de diciembre de 2009

Schedule

4 am. My day usually starts at 4 am, when the loudspeakers of a nearby Sikh temple are switched on and they chant prayers loudly until 8 am.

9 am. Fortunately I can sleep again and I wake up about 9 am. I get up, I take a shower (only if there is hot water) and I have some breakfast.

11 am. Before midday I go to the city. It means that I have to walk about 3 km. to the main road and then take a rickshaw to the city which is 10 km. far from the village. All the way takes me about 1 hour.

1 pm. I go to the English course. It's Indian style, it means it doesn't matter at what time I arrive. I just join the group and I attend the class.

3 pm. I eat some noddles. Noddles are a Chinese dish, tasty and cheap. I really like them and I eat it almost every day in the same street shop. When the cook looks at me smiles and, without say nothing, he begins to prepare it.

4 pm. I walk around the city, sometimes I check Internet or I buy some food in the market.

5 pm. I go to Golden Temple. I go for a walk around there or I just sit down for a while. Also I eat there almost everyday. You know, lentils soup, rice and chapati. It's like my daily afternoon snack.

6 pm. At this time here is already dark and it means it's time to come back home. Otherwise it was too dark and I couldn't see the path to the house.

8 pm. I write or read for a while. Before sleeping I have some dinner. I usually eat tomatoes, carrots or some fruits, which are ones of the cheapest and most common food here. And then I go to bed because tomorrow at 4 am. a new day stars!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario